Talk 2 Me provides resources and programs for children with speech and language concerns from birth until school entry. We work with parents and caregivers to help every child be the best communicator they can be.
Talk 2 Me can:
- answer questions about your child’s speech, language and emergent literacy development.
- offer information on typical speech, language and emergent literacy development.
- give tips on what parents can do to help their child’s oral language and literacy skills develop.
- provide local assessment clinics where you can meet and consult with a Speech-Language Pathologist.
- provide parent education sessions, group therapy and individual speech therapy.
There is no cost to participate and a doctor’s referral is not required.
Talk 2 Me is funded through the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services and provides services throughout Windsor-Essex County at no cost.
What is the Talk 2 Me Program?
Speech-Language Pathologist, Ashleigh DeLisle, gives a quick overview of the program:
Speech & Language Milestones
These developmental milestones show some of the skills that mark the progress of young children as they learn to communicate.
Speech & Language FAQs
Many parents have questions about how well their child is learning to speak. Here are the answers to some common questions that parents ask below.
WHAT TO DO WHILE YOU WAIT FOR YOUR ASSESMENT?
While waiting for your assessment, the Talk 2 Me staff have created videos that you can use to support your child’s speech and language from home!
Talk 2 Me System Partners:
Connections Early Years Family Centre (Lead Agency)
- John McGivney Children’s Centre
- Children First
Don’t wait and see!
Call 519.252.0636 to make a referral today!