Talk 2 Me
It's more than sounds and words. For a child, the first cry, the first smile, those first words begin a lifetime of communication. What if a young child needs help learning to communicate.
Talk 2 Me is the local preschool speech and language program for Windsor-Essex county. The Ministry of Children and Youth Services funds 31 Preschool Speech and Language Programs across Ontario.
Who is Talk 2 Me for?
Talk 2 Me provides services for families with children from birth to the time they start school.
Talk 2 Me Can:
- Answer questions about your child’s speech, language and emergent literacy development.
- Offer information on typical speech, language and emergent literacy development.
- Give tips on what parents can do to help their child’s oral language and literacy skills develop.
- Provide local assessment clinics where you can meet and consult a Speech-Language Pathologist.
- Provide individual speech therapy, group therapy, and parent education sessions.
Where can you receive Talk 2 Me services?
Talk 2 Me provides services in a variety of settings throughout Windsor and Essex Count which may include:
- Neighbourhood Ontario Early Years Centres.
- Parenting and Family Literacy Centres.
- Child Care Centres, home or other community settings.
Contact Talk 2 Me at 519-252-0636 if...
- you have concerns about your child’s speech, language and emergent literacy development.
- you need or want more information about the development of communication skills.
Talk 2 Me program services are provided by the following community partners:
- Connections Early Years Family Centre (Lead Agency)
- John McGivney Children's Centre
- Children First